cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hub going down for 2 hours+ each night, taking out CCTV

I have a 1Gbps FF connection which is generally stable. From the Hub I run ethernet to a switch upstairs and another to a switch downstairs. Upstairs has three disks provided WiFi across the first floor and downstairs the Hub provides WiFi.

Most fixed devices in the house connect via Ethernet cables to the switches.

I recently had CCTV installed with Ip Cameras. The cameras connect via ethernet to the upstairs switch and the NVR connects via Ethernet to the downstairs switch. It's a Hikvision system and has all been correctly configured.

Recently I have noticed that between 2am (ish) and 4am (ish) the Hub seems to either shut down or go offline and this brings down the CCTV in that no footage is recorded to the NVR.

There are entries showing a DOS around that time, and at one time connection being lost.

Could the DOS be bringing the Hub down preventing any traffic on the internal network? Surely it ought to continue to give IP addresses to the internal network even if the connection to the internet is lost?

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hub going down for 2 hours+ each night, taking out CCTV

Sorted the network thing, but still no explanation as to why the Hub is shutting down for two hours +. Replacement has been ordered.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@GDog2  wrote:

Surely it ought to continue to give IP addresses to the internal network even if the connection to the internet is lost?

I would have thought so yes.

Check that the cameras and the NVR are configured for Static IP?

I'm thinking maybe some weird DHCP server failure

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Turns out the hub was shutting down completely! Not just updating or losing the internet. New hub ordered.

0 Ratings