cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Hybrid Connect to power a home without broadband.

Hello. I moved house a few weeks ago and the engineer cannot visit until the end of May to install my internet here. In the meantime, they sent me an EE Hybrid Connect to use 4G internet but I just cannot get it working!

I was suggested by the BT Team to connect the BT Hub to the electricity but NOT to the phone socket (and I also do not have those cables or the Full Fibre wall box). And then link the two hubs using the Ethernet cable (yellow ends). But when I do this, the EE hub just keeps flashing blue, and the signal bars flash red.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I connect the BT hub to the phone sucket even if the full fibre won't be working until the end of May? I feel like I'm going crazy, I've called BT every two days and they just don't know what is wrong.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hybrid Connect to power a home without broadband.

There is no point in connecting the BT hub to line if there is no service. It would appear you don't have an EE 4g signal at your location.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply! Would that mean the EE hub won't work at all? I checked in EE and the website says it covers my area. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

So as I see it you have three main problems 

1) EE 4G coverage (put it near a high window facing your mast - to find that use https://www.cellmapper.net

2) your hybrid connect halo3 account is activated ( someone may not have as waiting for fibre activation)

3) configuration of hybrid connect and ensuring its switched on.

You can make sure you place it high in your house and try a sim to check (BT sim or EE sim ) in an unlocked phone - perhaps you can look at other EE 4g mobile routers if you need to (suggest that to bt support) If you have a friend with EE get them to walk round and check for the best mobile signal in the house and place your hybrid and main router in that location connected to see if you can get running.  At least its a start to see if even the EE signal is good enough.

Not an expert but what I would try - I didn't go for the halo as I know the mobile signal in my house is poor - still have a landline ( although now voip). Good luck. 

0 Ratings