cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 68

Re: Hybrid connect red flashing bars

Replacement order got stuck so still waiting on dispatch/delivery. 

However, in the meantime, I have reset everything again and tested with only the router and the hybrid box connected (no discs, ethernet connections/wifi to any other devices).  On setup, the hybrid box goes through the motions and then rests on Solid Blue Circle and a return to flashing red bars.  App still says connected etc as before.

Think the firmware has def screwed the hybrid box or might just be a coincidental failure.  Anyway, thought I would update while still waiting on delivery.  Post back soon.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 68

Thanks

Definitely firmware upgrade responsible

Happy to post here, especially if it helps anyone else.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 68

New box received and set up, all was looking good and blue bars back. Strangely it no longer has the BT logo but is an EE one. 

However, I went back through to check and its gone back to flashing 3 red bars again !!!  I forgot to check the firmware of the  new one against the old/problematic one sso I don't know if the same update has just pushed through and took me be back to square one.

Firmware on app at present is - v0.14.01.202107230100-BT.

Hybrid.png

and withing a few mins

alan_mc_0-1638542513763.png

(obvioulsy a still frame isn't going to show the flashing, but for illustration purposes).

So no further forward.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 68

Thanks indeed for the update.

I have time on Monday to text the 'HELP' people and ill see what they say. It could be the router as I had an IKEA light gizmo connected to my router by ethernet and since the firmware 'upgrade' it does not show on system and light flashes to inidcate not connected.

Will keep all posted

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 68

It's been escalated to a higher level since they already replaced the unit.  Waiting on them coming back to me.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 68

I’m having the same issue. Always had two solid blue bars of 4g signal but just recently the bars started to flash red but the app states I have good signal with two bars . BT have sent me a new hybrid. I set this up and got two solid blue bars of 4g signal , then 10 minutes later they started to flash red again but app showing 2 bars and good signal . What is going on here ?

Message 17 of 68

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 68

we are connected with ethernet cables

stranage how the hybrid gets screwed by a firmware upgrade to the router

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 68

Connected with ethernet.  Think you're mixing up the control light with the signal bars.  The fact that a new box is all good, then goes belly up suggests the new box receiving an update after setup (firmware) and taking it back to original issue.

Still waiting on them contacting me for more information.

Message 20 of 68

Yep it’s definitely the 4g signal bars that flash red   T...

Yep it’s definitely the 4g signal bars that flash red   The centre BT , EE light is steady blue. Also connected via Ethernet