cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: I need help - these BT WiFi Disks are shocking

What would you recommend for a WiFi analyser?  I struggled to find an app for iOS devices.  I have a pc that can be used as well.

is there other kit better than the M5’s?  From TP or another manufacturer?

thank you all - I do appreciate the help you’ve all been providing.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Can't help with iPhone but I use inSSIDer from Metageek on PC. It's free to download & use at a basic level but you have to create an account & sign in to use it.

There's always better kit available but the price reflects that. I was quite shocked to find how rare manual channel selection is & the only one I found of the known brands was ASUS. But it's very expensive.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Just read the Amazon reviews of the M5’s and seems possibly not compatible with Sky Q.  One to look into.

i need something -just not sure what! 

thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

@worb68 

My eldest daughter used to live in a house like that, with solid walls that wireless would not penetrate. Her solution was to use individual wireless hotspots which used the mains wiring to communicate.

Those days it was the BT Hotspot 600 devices, but I think there are better options now from TP Link.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-wpa4220-tkit/

These are only single band, so no interference with SkyQ. They also have a couple of Ethernet ports each.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

I have looked at them but I need more than two adapters.  My problem is it works fine for a few days and then WiFi will just stop for a day.  Yesterday was really bad, this morning all good again. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

You can add more adapters if needed.

You issue sounds more like wireless interference, there is little you can do about that.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

You issue sounds more like wireless interference, there is little you can do about that.

That's something to be aware of when using inSSIDer or similar WiFi analysers. They will only show you other WiFi networks & not other potential sources of interference such as microwave ovens. Although such interference is generally permanent or very short lived, so doesn't really match your scenario.

It would be worth having a conversation with your neighbours to see if they also have problems.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

If it is WiFi interference what options do I have to remediate? 

0 Ratings