cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

IP camera causing Frustration!!

Hello All, 

I am hoping for a simple answer or solution to why my IP camera no longer works as expected.

I have a Tenvis TH661 (Phone Galaxy S10/New Tennis App) which I use on BT broadband network for several years without issue. I can connect to the camera at home on both wifi and mobile data and more importantly when abroad (Europe) on both Wifi and mobile data. I am very happy with the camera for my needs.

Then, BT informed that digital voice was coming and I needed a new router ( BT Smart Hub) which I duly plugged in and connected all my devices to without issue. I connected my camera and it worked fine while as I was home. When I say fine I mean it connected on wifi but not as I realised later mobile data while at home.

In France, I could not connect to the camera via wifi or mobile data to the camera. On returning to the uk, using a friends wifi, I still could not connect to the camera even when I tried mobile data.

Once I arrived at home the camera worked perfectly with my phone app but not on mobile data. I now think my phone stopped working on mobile data when the router was upgraded.

So, before the BT router upgrade I could connect to my ip camera over any wifi network and mobile data anywhere in the world.

My question is, I assume the security, port forwarding and/or pinhole on the router settings need adjusting but I have no idea how to do this or perhaps something else is amiss.

Any help will be great and easy to follow instructions would be appreciated.

Navy

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: IP camera causing Frustration!!

Good afternoon @navy.

Welcome to the BT Community!

Just so I can be sure we've got the right idea of what's happening here, am I correct in thinking that this camera is permanently connected to your home WiFi, and in the past you could connect to this and view the feed from anywhere over both WiFi and data?

I can't say for sure which ports the camera itself will require, this will most likely be in the device guide for the camera itself. 

You can find details on how to set this up via our help page here.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Peter, thanks for replying

Just so I can be sure we've got the right idea of what's happening here, am I correct in thinking that this camera is permanently connected to your home WiFi, and in the past you could connect to this and view the feed from anywhere over both WiFi and data?

Yes, that is exactly right. 

The moment BT sent me BT Smart Hub because of digital voice I could only connect to my ip camera over my home network and nowhere else Wifi or mobile data.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks @Navy1 😊

I'd definitely recommend checking out that article that I'd shared, but you may need to reach out to Tenvis for specific details on port settings. 

There may be a simpler solution with this though, when you switched to you new hub, did you make sure that the camera had forgotten your previous one and set this up fresh? 
It could be worth re-adding the camera to your network via its dedicated app, and ensuring any software linked with it is up to date too.

Peter

0 Ratings