cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

IPV6 with Netgear....is this still an issue?

Go to solution

Hey boffins, 

Been a long time since I was on here, since then funny enough I was working for  BT for 3 years in the executive complaints team but here I am now looking for some advice lol

I went and replaced the home hub with an Nighthawk XR1000 - I've read loads of posts regarding the IPV6 BT uses isn't compatible with their system? sounds mad (not supporting the largest ISP in the UK)..anyway has anything changed or anything I should know?

BT FTTP 500/75 via ASUS RT-AX88U
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: IPV6 with Netgear....is this still an issue?

Go to solution

Hi the XR1000 has a few a few issues with IPV6 which NG are aware off. 

if you do a search for Netduma forum as I’m not sure I can link it here, then join and add a @Newfie I’ll pick it up for you. Post under the nighthawk support forum which is the best place to get help quickly.

Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

No problem linking to forum, just e-commerce sites that are not allowed.

Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know.

here’s a link to help direct the OP.

https://forum.netduma.com/forum/87-dumaos-on-netgear-nighthawk-support/

Message 5 of 17

Go to solution
As a matter of interest why are you concerned about IPV6?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I'm not overly bothered right now, I'd just like to make sure I have it running when it needs to bee in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution
Fair enough! Hopefully by then router firmware and ISP protocols will work together.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

With NG it can take a while to sort out issues and as Duma is layered over the top of the firmware that NG control like all the drivers for various outlets it can be a game of waiting.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

After a lot of forum post reading I'm returning the netgear... the fact it's been an issue for so long doesn't give me much hope they'll ever sort it.

Went for the ASUS RT-AX88U instead which has good reviews.

Thanks all

Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for the update.

cough and splutter but look at the Asus AX86U too. Newer chipset and has very good WiFi performance.

0 Ratings