Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 21 of 35

Re: Installing third party router

Go to solution

This may sound a little odd but have you tried the BT hub again just to make sure your ONT and broadband are working 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

The BT hub is operating fine other than whilst I try to play fifa, I get horrific lag and delay despite having a low ping of 20.

Speeds on the hub are healthy and we can stream fine with it.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

Sorry I cant help you any further. All I did was remove the WAN cable from the back of my SM2 and plugged it straight into the blue socket on the ASUS. 

The router identified the cable and then just gave me the option to fill in the username and password. 

I am not kidding when I say that the setup took less than 5 minutes. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

So... A firmware update accomplished nothing but, I did manage to find a status screen that should me all the ports and whether they have anything connected.

I think Port 8 should my 1gb lan cable connected but WAN shown as disconnected. I then experimented by trying different ports but, they are shown as disconnected no matter what.  I suspect there is a deep rooted fault with this device so, I guess it will be returned. 

Thanks for all those whove attempted to assist me today, I  appreciate it.

Message 25 of 35

Go to solution

IIRC the was an ONT with two ethernet ports one of which was disabled. Check that yours is not one of those. If it is try swapping ports.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

Mine is this one download.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

You are very good at taking micro pictures aren't you. At least we have enough to see it only has a single ethernet port.

Message 28 of 35

Go to solution

Thats a normal sized photo I have pulled from the internet and I selected large hahaha But, Ill take credit for it. 

I found a website today after searching  'WAN not working' They recommended enabling dual WAN on the router so, that I did. It resolved nothing. I swapped primary WAN to Lan 1-4 and secondary to WAN but, it just remains as disconnected. What I did notice though is that the Lan light on the router does not emit unless im plugged in on Lan 5-8.  As I mentioned before Lan1-4 shows as disconnected on the status page so, I do wonder if this hardware has seen its days. I shall buy a new unit for tomorrow and see how I get on. If it still doesnt work, one could assume that the BT OTN isnt working as expected? Is there anyway that I can use my own modem or do I need to call BT?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

You can easily test the ONT is working correctly by setting up a direct PPPoE connection between PC/Laptop and ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

@Sneakybeaky wrote:

If it still doesnt work, one could assume that the BT OTN isnt working as expected? Is there anyway that I can use my own modem or do I need to call BT?

If the ONT wasn't working you wouldn't be able to connect with your hub.

0 Ratings