cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Issues connecting Hybrid Connect

Go to solution
I have same issue. CS could not come up with an anser and have referred me to call Tech Support. I questioned whether or not it was a Firewall issue, but nothing positive came of that. Hybrid has been on for 6 hours now and still not paired, though shows up with a DHCP allocated IP address but does not show up on the ethernet connected devices. It shows on the main page of the Hub - status not connected, but go to teh address table it shows up there with the IP address. Very odd.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

This mirrors my situation which has not altered nor have I heard anything back from Tech Support.  I have it on diary to chase them later this month and will update the post then - or sooner should I hear from them first.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

i ALSO HAVE THE SAME UNRESOLVED ISSUE.  iTS BEEN ON FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS NOW AND STILL NO PAIRING, though the Hybrid is seen on the settings

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Eventually got back to BT Tech Support but they have no further news on why we are having these issues and frankly I am no longer convinced that this is on their list of things to do!

On the basis that I have not paid for this bit of kit (got it when I renewed and  my contract cost actually dropped) I am just going to leave it where it is and see if any does happen in the future.

One intriguing thing I have recently noticed is that the Hub Manager shows I have 24 items connected to the Wi-Fi Disc.  Intriguing because I don't have one.

Happy days

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

My problem was that the BT App went through hybrid connect setup fine but failed when I attempted the test signal.  My hybrid connect box was showing all the right colours and a full 3 bar signal.  It was connected by ethernet to port 4 (labelled WAN) on my Smart Hub 2 (which was recently replaced by BT).  My hub is in a tricky to reach location and I did not notice the WAN designation, I just assumed it was another yellow ethernet port (as I think it was on the previous hub). 

As noted in an earlier post on this thread, this is a known problem.  On the latest Smart Hub 2 routers the port is setup to accept the full fibre connection from the street and is not a standard ethernet port.   The solution to this issue is to use a different port on the hub or, if you are not on full fibre, to turn off Full Fibre Mode which makes port 4 a standard ethernet port.  I turned off Full Fibre Mode and the BT App now successful runs the test signal and the setup of hybrid connect completes. 

• Home/Advanced settings/Broadband is where Full Fibre Mode ON/OFF can be found in Hub Manager

I also tested the approach by disconnecting the Smart Hub 2 from the BT wall socket.  My internet went down but after a minute or so the hybrid connect system took over and internet was restored, albeit at slightly less than 30mbps.  Switching back after reconnecting to the wall socket took a long time.  The documentation suggests 15 minutes, in my case it was more like 25 minutes and trying to speed up the process by using the Connect option in Home/Advanced settings/Broadband did not work.  However, it was automatic after 25 minutes, I did not have to do anything. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

When I last posted on this topic I had the Hybrid Connect showing blue bars and a steady blue EE symbol.  However, the device was not recognised by my Smart Hub 2  albeit the BT tech team could see it on their systems but needless to say, the  device failed to perform it’s role when I disconnected the broadband line for testing purposes.

Well, there has been progress (of a sort).

Within my network I had been using a spare Smart Hub 2 (don’t ask) as a network switch and a wireless extender (with DCHP turned off).  It got me wondering if this might be the problem as the Hybrid Connect didn’t know which to connect with..

I therefore removed the latter Smart Hub and replaced it with a Complete wi-fi disc I had but hadn’t bothered to set up.

Low and behold, after doing this the Hybrid Connect appeared in the Hub Manager showing good signal strength and a ready state.  The problem was that after all lights showed steady blue for 15 minutes or so, the EE symbol light started flashing red (no connection) but there was no change in what the Hub Manager was showing.  Signal strength was still showing good and the bars were blue.

In light of this I factory reset the Hybrid Connect and reinstalled following the guide but the flashing red light remains whilst the device shows in the Hub Manager as READY.  I have tried disconnecting the broadband line to see if that prompts it t connect as it should but no luck.

Has anyone had a similar problem with the device showing in the Hub Manager but flashing red and have subsequently resolved the issue?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Good point  have similar set up so will try it

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Re: Issues connecting Hybrid Connect - resolved (??)

Go to solution

After my last post with an update, I noticed yesterday that the blue EE signal had stabilised on the Hybrid Connect and upon checking still appear to be live in the hub manager.  Throwing caution to the wind I unplugged the phone line from the SmartHub and after just a minute or two I was able to get online.

Moral of the story seems to be to only have one SmartHub in the loop and be patient.

Hopefully this will be so for others with this issue.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution
Despite all previous calls finally found support advisor who told me that the Hybrid was not on my account. New smart hub and hybrid sent to replace kit that did not eork and Hey Presto all now up and working.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

i had the same problem - got the router and extra disc to work but not the Hybrid Connect. Engineer came out. Checked SIM etc. All ok. Turns out you need to use a pin or needles and put it  into a little hole on the back of the Hybrid Connect which resets it.

0 Ratings