cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

JVC TV does not connect to BT Smart Hub 2 Wi-fi

Go to solution

Hi, 

I've swapped from Virgin media to BT - they installed it today.

All is working fine from all devices except for my JVC TV.

JVC connects to phone's data via hotspot straight away, however, when I type in the long password (double checking and entered it probably 100x by now I actually remember the password) it still says not connected.

I have tried:

Turning TV on and off (as in, unplugging and waiting more than just a minute)

Turning BT router on and off (also waited minutes)

Not sure what else there is I could do.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: JVC TV does not connect to BT Smart Hub 2 Wi-fi

Go to solution

Basic check. Make sure you are using the wireless passkey and not the admin password.

Some devices do not like the dual wireless signal from the BTSmarthub. Try turning off the 5Ghz in the hub's management pages and then try connecting the TV. 

If it connects you can then turn the 5Ghz signal back on.

See link.

It is an old link about splitting the two signals, which you now can not do with the Smarthub 2 but it shows you how to get to the section where you can turn the 5GHz off.

I have problems connecting 5GHz and dual band devices wirelessly to the BT Hub | BT Help

Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Seems to be something inherent in JVC TVs that doesn't like BT Hubs.

Maybe try changing the WiFi password to something less complicated. I've no idea what the current criteria is for the Hub but try something shorter & with no special characters. The Hub will complain if it doesn't like it & hopefully give the minimum criteria.

Or as a test, you could set the phone hotspot to the same password as the default Hub & see if it will still connect.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

If all else fails, try changing the wireless mode to (say) Mode 2 (Wireless)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

So I now tried to change the password, all is good. I also done the settings with 5ghz and still... It says Authorization failed and does not connect 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

@serendipity4344 wrote:

So I now tried to change the password, all is good. I also done the settings with 5ghz and still... It says Authorization failed and does not connect 

Your message is contradictory. In the first sentence you say "all is good"   Does that mean it is now working but in your second sentence you say "does not connect". Which is it?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

All is good EXCEPT 

All is good APART FROM 

I am sorry last time I've checked it was BT community...didn't know it was the grammar police. 

So you basically just unable to help! Don't feel ashamed of saying so.....

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

What are you talking about? It's nothing to do with grammar, you made contradictory statements. First you said it was working and then it wasn't, which is it?

Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

@serendipity4344 

There have been issues in the past with Smart TVs, where the wireless does make a connection, but the TV is unable to get an IP address from the home hub.

One solution you can try is to manually configure the network settings on the TV.

There should be two option, one would be automatic settings, and the other manual network settings.

If you select the manual option, and use the following settings.

IP address 192.168.1.50

Default Gateway 192.168.1.254

DNS server 192.168.1.254

Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

@serendipity4344 wrote:

All is good EXCEPT 

All is good APART FROM 

I am sorry last time I've checked it was BT community...didn't know it was the grammar police. 

So you basically just unable to help! Don't feel ashamed of saying so.....

I am not correcting your grammar. I was asking you to clarify the message you posted because it did not make any sense.

I obviously know more than you apparently do and would have offered more assistance but in view of your reply you don't need to clarify because I will not be offering any further assistance.