cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Master Socket 5C - phone socket use with Smart Hub2?

Good Morning all,

I have a bog-standard Master Socket as shown below, LH phone; RH broadband to original Smart Hub. All is fine. We've been out of contract for a couple of years now. I'm thinking of 'upgrading' to a new Halo 3 contract and I've read up on that so understand the Smart Hub2 features, digital voice, battery backup unit, green socket on the rear of the new hub for our existing phone kit, to enable it to continue to be used.

The Question: If I 'upgrade', will the Master Socket's LH socket continue to function as a phone socket in the case of blackouts or elongated power cuts, which I can plug my backup old school analogue corded handset into, to make calls? 

IMG_20230116_121648.jpg

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Master Socket 5C - phone socket use with Smart Hub2?

Halo 3 is not a package it is an add-on to a broadband package so which package have you ordered?  is if FTTC  - fibre to cabinet and copper to your home or FTTP fibre to your home?

Probably in either case you will be moved to digital voice which no longer uses the master socket in your post but you can still connect existing phone to socket on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings