cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Master socket wiring

Go to solution

With FTTP installed and internal 'phone network connected to SH2, I'm fixing an extension socket to replace the Master Socket.  Surprised to find that only 2 wires were connected, orange and blue to screw terminals A and B (green and brown not used).

Externally, I've disconnected the old DIG cable from the junction box, but would  like to keep the remaining section of external cable active in case I want to fix another extension socket at a later date.  Can I connect these two wires into the extension socket, and if so which ones to match up?  I think it may be 2 and 5 but I'm not sure.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Master socket wiring

Go to solution

Not sure why you are replacing the master socket with an extension socket, but yes, terminals 2&5 are correct.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Master socket wiring

Go to solution
Thank you CL, very helpful. The MS is surface mounted and prevents a cupboard door from fully opening - also, the contacts have deteriorated - blue coating - tried plugging 'phone into it but didn't work.
Should have been a very simple job to cut out piece of plasterboard and fit recessed socket - typical, the MS has been placed on top of a baton, so another job more difficult than anticipated!