cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moving Fibre ONT within the same property

I am looking to have my fibre ONT moved within my property owing to construction work, and I wanted a price for carrying out this move. I phoned Customer Service and spoke to an advisor regarding this and I was told I would have to contact OpenReach regarding this as you do not have the costs, as OpenReach don't provide them to you.

I have tried to contact OpenReach but they have no contact details and say all enquiries have to go through your provider (you BT).

I have since been sent around the houses, speaking to at least 5 advisors to no avail nad getting absolutely nowhere other than continually having to go security and repeat my request. .

The last advice I was given is that I need to contact Royal Mail to establish the "garage" as an address which will take about a week and then get back in touch with the movers team. Surely this is not what is required to simply move the fibre ONT from one area of the property to another. 

At present, the actual cable comes in at the garage overhead and then runs right the way round the house to the front so it is a very easy move. Cable just needs to be trimmed and rerouted into garage.

I look forward to receiving a response.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving Fibre ONT within the same property

@charos1973 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Here is an older post, which should give you an idea of the cost, but its probabl more now.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/OpenReach-Fibre-Modem/m-p/2267829#M199551

Openreach do have a link for altering network.

https://d2haref.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/alteringournetwork/alteringnetwork.do

I suspect you are going to have to arrange the request via BT, it would be an ONT shift request.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for this information
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=hcaYjIWegP2u2...

Look around 3/4 of the way down ,  internal ONT shift is £103.48 plus vat , that’s the Openreach price to the ISP , the ISP can charge more to account for their own costs , or discount it ( if they feel so inclined) or charge you exactly what OR charge them , but as a guide / ballpark to what it’s likely to be , getting the ISP to raise the order may be tricky , but you can’t arrange this yourself with OR 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

BT Incompetence strikes again.

An ONT Shift is not something you contact Openreach for Directly. Network Rearrangement is purely for moving things like, Joint Boxes, Telephone Poles, etc.

BT should order an ONT Shift for you. If the Phone Jockey you speak to can’t comprehend what you’re asking for ask to speak to their Manager.

0 Ratings