cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moving from EE to BT, and using my own kit

Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm moving from EE (Fibre Plus Broadband) to BT (Broadband - Fibre 2)  - essentially the same FTTC offer - next week.

I didn't use EE's router, and I don't plan to use the BT Home Hub 2 (unless anyone wants to make a strong case for doing so) - I have an Openreach (Echolife HG612) FTTC Modem, and then an ASUS RT-AC5300 and a pair of ASUS RT-AC86Us in a mesh setup.

When it comes to my switchover day, is it going to be as simple as changing the PPPoE username and password in my WAN settings on the router and rebooting?  Or is it all going to get complicated?

Many thanks for any insight any of you can give about how to make this smooth and painless 🙂

Many thanks

Charlie

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving from EE to BT, and using my own kit

Go to solution

It's as simple as changing your PPPoE credentials to username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT.

Unless, of course, you wish to have telephony which will be supplied by Digital Voice which requires the Smart Hub 2

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you licquorice - very succinct 🙂
I won't be having telephony, initially at least, so that's super simple.

If I decide I want a digital voice line in the future, will the SH2 hang off my existing router, or does it need to be centre stage?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It has to be the first router.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Simpler to get a third party VoIP provider if you want to add telephony later.