cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

My PlayStation account "appears offline" when connected via home network

Hi,

It's being now almost two months that my PlayStation account "appears offline" when I connect via my BT home network. The PS4 diagnostic tests are all successful. I can login into my PSN account but I cannot set my status as "online" (and therefore I cannot play online). I get exactly the same problem if I connect through my phone (hotspot to BT Mobile) however everything works if I cannot via another phone hotspot and another mobile operator.

I have tried to reset my router, I have switched my Fibre modem off to get another IP address, I have played with port forwarding.... nothing helps. I am also very confused the different behaviour with two different hotspots one working and one not working...

I have been going back and forth with the Sony support and they tell me that certain ports needed to be open.

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479

Some of these ports are obviously open as I would not be able to even use a web browser... I am not sure how to test the UDP ports but in any case I have been using the same Smart Hub 2 for years and I have never changed my configuration.

Any idea before I throw away my PS4 in desperation?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: My PlayStation account "appears offline" when connected via home network

Apologies for all the typos and grammar blunders... Typing long messages on a phone is never a good idea... Hopefully the message is still understandable...

0 Ratings