cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Network Issue

Go to solution

I've been having this issue for a while and i've been contacting BT but its impossible to get through to a person that understand what is happening

Kami_0-1654610937530.png

As you can see when it leaves my network and goes through one of BT London Pops

https://ipinfo.io/109.159.253.245

The Ping Randomly spikes every 10-15 seconds so its really hard to play or games since people are just randomly teleporting or anything.

I hope Somebody that works for BT see this since its been an issue for a while and am just thinking of  switching.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Network Issue

Go to solution

Guess this will get Ignored

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Kamiwrote:

Are you trying to tempt fate? All here, other than a few Moderators, are volunteers. They do not provide 24/7 support. Give it time and a little patience and you may be rewarded.

Have a nice day.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Kami wrote:

Not sure what you are expecting anybody to do about it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hello,

In the line of work I am in, it is very common to see routers along a route doing things a little strangely, such as dropping packets and the such. The advise given is usually to try a different route from your source to your destination which may bypass the router that is causing issue; or wait, and the router issue may be fixed in time.

Restarting your Smart Hub should cause your IP Address to change, and therefore 'may' choose a different route through the internet, bypassing the issue.

However, as the issue you are referring to is deep within the BT's network, it is very doubtful you will get anyone from BT Consumer to tend to it — the issue would be too high up for an average customer to have any input on, and the likelihood is that the issue is being monitored by their network engineers and will resolve itself in the course of their own timescales.

So, in Summary:

1) Wait, and see if it resolves over time.

2) Reboot your Smart Hub to receive a new IP and test the route again (for if you are provided with a new IP from a different range, the routing may be different for that IP range to your previous.)

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

This got resolved i think somebody saw it had this going on for a while but thanks for your input!

0 Ratings