cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Signal dropping out when using channel 11

Hello. My modem seems to broadcast on either channel 11 or channel 36. When it switches to channel 36, I get around 160, but when it switches to channel 11, it drops to 30 or below. It runs mainly on channel 11, so it is low most of the time. Is there an easy fix to sort this please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Signal dropping out when using channel 11

Just go to hub manager then wireless and off auto and select your channels manually bearing in mind 11 is2.4ghz and 36 is 5ghz

2.4ghz is slower but covers a better distance whereas 5ghz is faster but covers shorter distance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Your router isn't switching channels, your devices are switching bands. If you have anything other than the Smart Hub 2, you can correct this by assigning different SSIDs to the two bands in the admin page. Then "forget" wireless networks on the devices in question & rejoin the 5GHz SSID. They'll then stay connected to the faster band.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @Stevethedriver and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your wireless issue. I see both @rbz5416 and @imjolly have replied with great advice so let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings