cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New Hub, new problems.

This is since getting a new Smart Hub 2 to facilitate the move to IP phone lines.

I'm getting pixelation when watching Netfix through the App on my Sky Q box. It worked fine with the Hub it replaced.

Watching Netfix through the App on the TV it works fine.

The Sky Q box works on 2.4GHz. 

The TV works on 5GHz.

My view is that BT have caused the problem by changing my Hub. The Customer Advisor I spoke to ran a range of tests and rescanned the WiFi channels like a pro, but the problem persists. They say I need to speak to Sky!

So BT give me a new Hub, cause me to have a problem but refuse to help.

What do I do?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Hub, new problems.

SkyQ uses channel 36 so make sure you change the hub to 44/48. I would also use WiFi analyser on phone and see channels I use near you then select a free or less congested channel for 2.4ghz

Personally I always change the new hub SSID and password to that of old hub and that way my WiFi devices connect as if nothing had changed 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thank you, but I don't quite understand your answer.

I've set 5GHz to channel 36. I don't know what you mean by setting the hub to 44/48?

I've used WiFi Analyser and it suggests using Channel 3, 4, 5 or 6 for 2.4GHz but the only options in the Hub Admin App are Smart, 1, 6 or 11. I've set it to 11.

Is there anything else I can because the problem is still happening. 

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

you need to set the hub 5ghz network to something other than 36 as that is used by SKYQ so try changing to 44/48

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Oh, sorry, OTHER than 36. I thought it needed the same. I've changed it to 48.

Is there anything I can do about the lack of suitable options on 2.4GHz?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

The problem with picture breakup is still evident even with the suggested changes in place.

So what now? 

Could the new Hub be faulty? Is there a better hub? Are there any other configuration options? Can I go back to the old Hub and not have the IP phone - which we don't need?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

with the SH2 you can only select the wifi channels which you see are available.  it seem unlikely hub is faulty just your 2.4ghz devices are having problems connecting.  this is not a hub problem but a device problem but try turning off the 5ghz wifi in hub and then see if the 2.4ghz devices connect.  if they get connected then re-enable the 5ghz in hub

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

"...... just your 2.4ghz devices are having problems connecting.  this is not a hub problem but a device problem"

One device, namely my Sky Q box and the installed Apps, all of which worked fine with the old hub.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

did you try turning off the 5ghz wifi in hub as some devices have problems connecting with the hub 2.4/5ghz  wifi and often turning of the 5ghz helps the devices connect to 2.4ghz  you may need to restart your SKYQ box before trying 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Turned off 5GHz, restarted Sky Box and still getting the occasional pixelation.

Stumped.

0 Ratings