cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New WiFi Router

Hi

Thinking of changing my current router and replacing it with TP-Link BE9300 Wifi 7 router.

Its been some time since I had a tech upgrade, so a couple of questions before I take the plunge

1) I don't want the hassle of re-inputting my wifi name and password to each device I have, if I keep the existing wifi network name and password - would my devices still connect to it?  

2) I have also got the Digital Voice package from BT - will they work with my new router? 

Thanks in advance 

Kin

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New WiFi Router

@k1nster wrote:

Hi

Thinking of changing my current router and replacing it with TP-Link BE9300 Wifi 7 router.

Its been some time since I had a tech upgrade, so a couple of questions before I take the plunge

1) I don't want the hassle of re-inputting my wifi name and password to each device I have, if I keep the existing wifi network name and password - would my devices still connect to it?  

Yes

2) I have also got the Digital Voice package from BT - will they work with my new router? 

No

Thanks in advance 

Kin

I assume you have full fibre as that device is only a router not a modem/router.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi 

Thanks for the fast response, yes I have the Full fibre 500 with Halo 3 Fibre to the Premises.

So if I were to keep the Digital Voice I still need to keep the BT router - is that what you're saying?  

Regards

Kin

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Yes and it has to be directly connected to the ONT, you can't hang it off the TP Link

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Liquorice, in that case I won't bother. 

Although I have heard that BT are introducing a wifi 7 smarthub later this year? Has anyone heard anything?  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@k1nsterwrote:

Thanks Liquorice, in that case I won't bother. 

Although I have heard that BT are introducing a wifi 7 smarthub later this year? Has anyone heard anything?  

Yes, but it is likely an EE product, more info here: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/02/first-pictures-of-ees-new-wifi-7-uk-broadband-router-e... 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings