Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No Ethernet from “ slave” hub 5

Hi all

any ideas with this strange prob

ive connected a spare hub 5 ( in the loft ) to the main hub 6 downstairs 

loft hub set up as a slave of the hub 6. This allows for great Wi-fi upstairs. However, the 4 Ethernet ports don’t work as I would like to use a port for the pc in the loft, if I connect the incoming cat 6 from the downstairs hub into the pc, all is good👍 When I try one of the 4 ports, the pc tries to connect, then drops, then tries again etc etc. Weird ? Can’t be an issue with the NIC because pc connects fine straight from the downsthub. Any thoughts pls

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No Ethernet from “ slave” hub 5

Make sure you have turned off DHCP on the slave hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: No Ethernet from “ slave” hub 5

I’m sure I disabled dhcp when I set it up but I will check that. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No wired internet from Hub 5 being used as a slave from the main hub ?

Hi all,  same question as before but with more strange symptoms. So, I have a HH 5 in the loft where a desktop PC is. This HH5 is a slave , sort of, from the Hub 6 downstairs. The slave works perfectly fine wirelessly to any device, however, when I connect one of the ethernet ports to my desktop PC, there is no connection ? - the desktop tries to connect and when you look at the LED associated with the lan port, it flickers for 2 seconds, then extinguishes, and repeats this process ? The LAN port is built into the motherboard. Weird thing though is when I connect directly to the main Hub 6 , all is ok, the LAN port negotiates and after a few seconds, it is connected with the usual steady / flickering LED. 

However, Even more strange though, is I now have my laptop connected to one of the ports on the slave hub 5 , and I am connected perfectly, ( laptop is in airplane mode ) 

So I am stuck with this weird one. I have logged in to the slave hub5 and have disabled DHCP to see if this would work , but that doesnt do anything. Any thoughts greatly welcome as I would prefer to connect wired with my loft PC to the slave hub 5

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Re: No wired internet from Hub 5 being used as a slave from the main hub ?

I've added your post to your existing thread. You will just cause confusion by posting the same problem in multiple  boards/threads answers will be all over the place.

Try resetting your NIC on the PC

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Re: No wired internet from Hub 5 being used as a slave from the main hub ?

Still no good when resetting NIC

ive tried a different Ethernet cable , but the first one works ok with laptop anyway, the one I’m using is a x over cable, but a straight one doesn’t work either, I’ve just let Win 7 run diagnostics and it’s reporting “ plug an Ethernet cable “ ? And it is plugged in and the LEDs are having a dance as usual. I’ve got xp on the same machine so I’ll boot up to that just for curiosity 

0 Ratings