cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Noise margin: 15.2 dB / 3.3 dB, is this causing my stability problem?

Help line keep telling me to reset the router, they sent me a new router, the speed is good. I say yes I know the speed is good. I keep telling you that! Then they try and sell me a better package, bla bla, or try using a wire! I'm paying for wi-fi! It's not my connection to the router. It keeps dropping out, randomly and annoyingly whenever my wife wants to do an important meeting online! I have a feeling I'm not being told the whole truth. Is it likely that the line has too much interference? What do I do? 

Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Noise margin: 15.2 dB / 3.3 dB, is this causing my stability problem?

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router  192.168.1.254 into address bar then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

There is no guarantee of wifi speeds as often problem is interference from in your home or neighbours  have you tried changing the wifi channels -  best using wifi analyser to see channels in use

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@imjollywrote:

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router  192.167.1.254 into address bar then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Typo above, @imjolly  obviously meant, 192.168.1.254

then follow his instructions.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Carlusha 

thanks  post corrected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@imjolly  How did you manage to correct/edit the post so long after originally posting?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Carlusha 

You can edit a post up to an hour after it has been posted.