cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Old BT Copper cable

Go to solution

I am doing a redecoration. Can I ripe up old BT Copper cables in the house now that I have BT Fibre? Are the BT Copper cables ever going to be used?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Old BT Copper cable

Go to solution

Anything after the master socket is yours to do with as you please. 

While the master socket belongs to Openreach I doubt they will come looking for it.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @cniv2001 and welcome.

@gg30340 is correct. Any cables after the master socket can be removed.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I've got FTTP and the old copper line is still has a live charge coming thru, is that usual? Can't be used to make calls but still 'live'. Was hoping to remove it as it's now unsightly and no longer needed. The exchange has a stop sell so won't be able to be reinstated anyway. Looking to remove the master socket as there's a new ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

The master socket and any external  cable connected to the back of master is property of openreach.  Up to you if you remove but in unlikely event that openreach wanted it back you would be charged cost to replace

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings