cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Open reach modem

I am currently on bt infinity which uses an Openreach modem. Am switching to digital voice and halo 3 using a new smart hub. Is the modem still needed with the new smart hub?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Open reach modem

@Colb99 

No, its not needed, as the Smart Hub 2 fulfils both modem and router functions.

I assume you mean the modem which is connected to your phone socket?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes it’s a double socket with the modem connected into one port and my landline into the other

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The Smart Hub 2 will connect to the same port as the modem, and your phone will need to be plugged into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, as the phone port on the phone socket, will no longer work when you are switched to Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thank you. Greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Re my move from bt infinity to halo 3.  Successfully disconnected the hub and openreach modem. Connected smart hub 2 and re hybrid successfully and connected my iPad tv etc to the new network. Couple of issues:

1 cannot get the extender disc to work despite trying all the suggested work around - still keeps flashing red.

2 iPad keeps dropping the internet connection and have to photo the qr code each time to reconnect.

Is this likely to be due to my switch over to voip under a new bt contract starting 20 October when an engineer is booked to call. and

Did I jump the gun setting up the new hub before the “switch on” on the 20th?

I assume the engineer will get it all reliably working and I should have left it all to him. Mistakes are learning experiences!

0 Ratings