cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Smart Hub 2 and WIFI 6 discs

Go to solution

Hello I have a Smart Hub 2 and have just bought 3  Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 - NEW AX6600 Additional Tri-Band discs

I cant seem to add them to my network, I'm using the app following the instructions when connected via ethernet the light goes blue but when I unplug it stays red and wont connect back to the hub

any ideas?

thank you

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smart Hub 2 and WIFI 6 discs

Go to solution

@nevillebriggs 

Those discs are incompatible with the Smart Hub 2 and cannot connect via wireless, you would have to leave one permanently connected to an Ethernet port of the home hub.

Only the black BT Complete WIFI discs can form a wireless mesh with the Smart Hub 2.

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/what-is-complete-wi-fi-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Mmm thank you for the quick response so if I connect one to the smart hub via ethernet, how do I connect the other two discs in different rooms thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Use the Whole Home app.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Please-read-this-first/td-p/202...

The first disc should connect to the others via wireless, you need to turn off the wireless on the Smart Hub 2, to prevent interference.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
ok thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Just had the same problem and stumbled across this during my investigation.

So let me get this right... I purchased the BT Whole Home WiFi 6 discs on the premise they work with any router and worked fine with my Home Hub 5 for over a year (albeit not as a mesh as the HH5 does not support this). Now "upgraded" to a Smart Hub 2, which (a) refuses to form a mesh with with the BT WiFi discs and (b) is causing constant wifi dropouts by confusing connected clients into thinking it is a wifi 6 node on the same network.

The only way to fix this is to disable wifi on the router - wow, really!? The two BT products don't work together to form a single mesh?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

The Whole Home discs are a standalone product that work with any router but do not form a mesh with that router.

Complete WiFi discs are a different product designed to form a mesh with the SH2

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Did this actually work or are the bt premium disc incompatible with smart hub 2?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Rajanthakrar 

They are incompatible.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

No they aren't, the just don't form a mesh any more than they do with any other router.

0 Ratings