cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Openreach Modem , BT Smart hub 5 and Smart hub 6

I used to use a HH4 with an openreach modem, and upgraded to a HH5, which although supposedly not requiring the openreach modem, worked better with it. I now have Fibre Halo 1, and a new HH6 was sent to me, but there is no provision to plug in the openreach modem, so, as suggested, plugged the HH6 directly into the wall socket - it does not work at all. I have reverted back to my HH5 with the Openreach modem, as this works, and I get speeds of 27.22 Mb download and 5.30Mb upload.

I wonder if the issue with the HH6 is a noisy line? I have seen this suggested elsewhere - Your help is much appreciated.

Paul Y

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Openreach Modem , BT Smart hub 5 and Smart hub 6

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Openreach Modem , BT Smart hub 5 and Smart hub 6

Hi There Gary,

I currently have Smart hub 5, which is working with the Openreach modem. However, I have a brand-new Smart Hub 6, which I tried, as suggested, plug straight into the phone line. This did not work at all, so I reverted back to the Hub 5 and using the modem. I thought it maybe a noisy line that is preventing the Hub 6 from working, but I did a quiet line test, and it seems quiet enough. So, there is my conundrum.

0 Ratings