cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Our website seems to be blocked by BT

Go to solution

Hello there

Our new website seems to be getting blocked by BT. We have tested our site with 3 separate BT connected users and they all receive the same warning page from BT, that they "could be getting scammed":

this is what we are seeingthis is what we are seeing

The SSL cert on our site received an A rating from Qualys SSL Labs, and is visible to the rest of the internet.

Can anyone here advise on what might be happening?  Is anyone else here seeing the same thing?

If there is a bad-site list at BT, I don't know how we got on it, or even how to go about getting off it if we are on it.

https://innovationmajor.com 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Our website seems to be blocked by BT

Go to solution

It will be due to the users having 'Web protect' enabled which BT now enable by default. Not sure how you get BT to remove your site though.

https://www.bt.com/help/security/learn-about-bt-web-protect

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Found this

If you think a site should be added or removed from the list of those categorised as potentially harmful, you can contact us at saferbrowsing@bt.com providing the details of the site you believe is being incorrectly categorised and we'll send this to our third-party supplier for further investigation.

Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks licquorice
I will see what I can find out about Web Protect
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

See my second post, I think it crossed with your reply.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@InnovationMajor welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  I hope the following info helps?

The warning page will appear anytime a site is categorised as potentially harmful by BT Web Protect. It may be that some malicious content has made its way onto your site which is why BT Web Protect categorises it as potentially harmful.

If you think a site shouldn’t be categorised as potentially harmful, you can contact us at saferbrowsing@bt.com providing the details of the site you believe is being incorrectly categorised and we'll send this to our third-party supplier for further investigation. If it is verified as potentially harmful, you will need to contact your site administrator to resolve the issue on your website.

Thanks

Neil

Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Just for information, it is obviously not a general block by BT because I have accessed your site. I am a grown up and can make my own decisions without BT telling me what I can access so as a result I do not have BT Web Protect turned on. 

Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
It did! I've just emailed them...
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

You say your SSL certificate has received an A rating yet the screen shot you posted says the site is insecure???

Also you may wish to delete the screen shot as your name is clearly visible

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Les-Gibson, the SSL is A-rated by ssllabs.com.  Yes, the screenshot does say that the site is insecure, which would lean one to believe that there is something wrong with the SSL.  However, only BT connected devices are seeing this message, which after all, is a message on a BT branded page.

If you visit this site using any other broadband connection or with a 4G connection, then the SSL and website are both regarded as secure!

As confirmed by user gg30340, if you turn off the BT Web Protect then you can visit the website just fine.

There is nothing wrong with the SSL, but there does appear to be something wrong with BT Web Protect.

I emailed saferbrowsing@bt.com two days ago now, and they have not even acknowledged receipt of my email.  I now suspect that nobody monitors that email address.

It would be helpful if BT could either confirm or deny whether or not our website, https://innovationmajor.com, is on their no-fly list.  Any help would be gratefully received!

0 Ratings