cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Password rejected

When my son visits us at weekends he uses our wi-fi - until last week when he was unable to connect, although using the same password which I use to connect my tablet and which he has used many times in the past without a problem. I tried to connect with an old tablet which I keep as a spare and that was also unable to connect, although it has done so in the past. I have done a factory reset of the router (Smart Hub 2) but that made no difference; my tablet connects, the other two don’t.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Password rejected

On the two tablets that won't connect try going into the wireless settings and "forget" your hubs name and password then rescan for the network and try connecting again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that with my old tablet but it still does not connect. I can't try with my son's until the weekend

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Just a basic check... make sure that you are connecting to the correct hub's name (SSid) using the wireless passkey and not the Admin password that is on the Smarthub's label.

You should also turn off  "Smart Set Up" on your hub if it is still available on your hub. It might not be available as access to it was removed in a recent update of the Smarthub 2.

See link how to do that.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

Once you are sure that is what you have been doing try a Forced Restart of your device : Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Allow device to restart then carry out a reset of the network settings on your device: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.  After the network reset has taken place try and connect to the hub again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

All the devices, the one that connects and  the ones which do not, are using the same password

Smart Set Up is off

I do not follow the next bit. Neither of my devices have a Home or a Wake/Sleep button and since neither of them are made by Apple I would be surprised to see the Apple logo appear!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Given that you never mentioned what make/type/operating system of tablet you were referring to I took a guess, wrong as it turned out, that you were using Apple devices!

0 Ratings