cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Please help, using second smart hub 2 as an access point

Go to solution

You shouldn't need to have to connect via Ethernet, just make sure it is the right hub WiFi you are connecting to to make the changes.

Don't forget that once you have changed its IP address you will have sawn off the branch you are sitting on so to speak and will need to connect to the new address.

Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

If you have a bundle of Smarthub2s already and want to re-purpose them then what you are doing and what has been suggested how to achieve that is fair enough but have you considered buying a proper wireless access point or two if needed and use them.

You can get a TP Link one for £20 each and they are simply plug and play and come with an Ethernet port as well as wifi. If you need more Ethernet ports you could buy a cheap Ethernet 5 port switch for less than £10

Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you @gg30340  for your advice, we have Smart Hubs to repurpose and wanted to give it a go as have seen other community members have been successful with their repurpose. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you @licquorice for your help, I've been able to make the changes as per your advice, just off to see if it has all worked! 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice,

I  just wanted to say a  huge  thank you for all of your help and advice.  I now have repurposed the two extra smart hub 2's that I had and the network works like a dream! 

You're the best!

0 Ratings