cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Poor voip experiance - acceptable latency and jitter?

Hi,

I have full fiber 500. I've recently spoke to an IT assistant and they say everything is fine on my line. 

They recommended a restart of my router to fix the problem but it hasn't.

My main issue is that when I take a VoIP call /WiFi call I can hear people clearly but everyone I speak to says they can't hear me well and that I keep on breaking up.

Ive noticed that on speed tests that my delay and jitter is a lot higher on the upload than the download.

It seems logical to put both the higher jitter/delay and sending (uploading) my voice together. 

Is there anything else I can ask BT to do as I never had this issue with virgin.

I've included a screenshot of one of my speed tests.

Any help is appreciated.

Simon

Screenshot_20221013-222747_Speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Poor voip experiance - acceptable latency and jitter?

Are you using the BT Digital voice system or a 3rd party VOIP service?

Message 3 of 5

Hi Les,

Thanks for reaching out.

Its my WiFi calling on my android phone and a third party VoIP service on my windows PC.

With my phone I've made sure that network switching is off, that my phone is in airplane mode to force it to only use my WiFi.

I've recently factory reset my mobile and have all the software up to date and the problem still exists.

Just to give a bit of background - I live in a poor mobile network area and my phone dosent work indoors. So I rely on my internet to make and receive calls.

Regard,

Simon

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried a factory reset of your router?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Les,

Yep, I did have a unifi USG running here but thought it was that, switched it out for the BT hub to start troubleshooting but even with a factory reset of the hub it was still not good.

I have also been power cycling the white box where the fiber ends but no joy.

Regards,

Simon

0 Ratings