cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Port Forward doesn't work, think Smart Hub 2 is defective

Using my mobile and ipvoid UDP port scanner, it shows the port as filtered.

Disabling Windows Firewall entirely (which also disables my Port Forwarding settings in Windows) then shows the port as Closed.

Which (to me) shows that my Windows Port Forward settings are correct and working.

It's the Hub filtering the ports, despite them being port forwarded in the Hub Manager.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

I seem to have the same issue with port forwarding. Replicated my old Virgin Media rules but although everything appears fine it just does not work.  
Factory resets, UPnP disabled, firewall turned off, dmz all tried - but port scans do not see me)

Spoke with BT and a new hub is being sent. 
I’m curious if you ever resolved your issue? 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

There must be a lot of defective SH2s then! My port forwarding doesn't work either. Neither do my pinholes for ipv6 connectivity either. The SH2 is rubbish imho.

Message 14 of 22

Can confirm that port forwarding working perfectly for me on firmware v0.41.00.07076-BT

as I think someone pointed out, port forwarding is software not hardware so it would be highly unlikely a change of hardware will help.

most likely scenario is that the port isn’t actually going anywhere on the target computer. Either set up incorrectly or firewall not set up correctly as the port will be, for all purposes, closed if mistargeted.

better to test on the local lan without the internet (therefore any port forwarding) being involved as see if you can actually get to that port. From one PC to another, across the LAN. If not, then router cannot be at fault as not used.

if you can, then perhaps misconfiguration of port forwarding and firewall rules.

but it is something only you can test locally. It’s just troubleshooting. Take all complications out of the way and start from as basic as you can and prove each step, adding each layer of complication upon each positive check to find where the issue is.

just saying SH2 is rubbish! Is, to be honest, someone who wants to blame rather than finding out the cause and fixing it.

Message 15 of 22

I mentioned it was unlikely to be a hardware issue on my post, for me I’ve had about seven year of a Raspberry Pi hosting a Wordpress site, ports forwarded fine on VM and not changed the Pi when I went to the SH2.
It just show as stealth when checking Ports over the Internet now.
Testing on the LAN is fine, SSH, RealVNC all let me straight in.
I’ve parked it for now and will look again at some point. Makes no sense as such a basic task 😕
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Hi

Please can you share what firmware your BT Hub 2 is running where you see this working ok ?

Regards

J

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

I have never had a problem with any version of firmware on the SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Hi

Have you seen v0.42.00.10167-BT working with IPv4 Portforward, and/or IPv6 pinholes ?

Regards

J

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

No, I am still on v0.41.01.10137-BT

v0.42.00.10167-BT is a very recent release.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Yes it is working on the latest release of v0.42.00.10167-BT