cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

blacklisted dynamic IP addresses

Go to solution

I checked my IP address and found its blacklisted (host86-147-154-205.range86-147.btcentralplus.com).

I rebooted my router and got two further new ip addresses all blacklisted still, the last by:  RATS Dyna, SORBS DUHL, Spamhaus Zen ,b.barracudacentral.org , dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net - checked by MXToolbox . You can see the host is BT, its not a VPN. Why are BT IP addresses blacklisted? I cant seem to get one that isnt. I expect a bit better from BT than this!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: blacklisted dynamic IP addresses

Go to solution

@vicky-webcat 

Please edit this post to remove your up address.

Dynamic IP address are usually added to blocked lists and shouldn't be used for MX servers ect...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

what harm could there be displaying one of BT's dynamically assigned IP addresses?  I am not using it for MX server

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Is there a point to your original post or is it just an observation? All ISP dynamic IP addresses are blacklisted.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
I didnt know that, thank you for telling me. I also dont know how to edit posts. as you can see I am new.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

You can only edit a post for an hour after posting anyway. After that, only the mods can edit.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
I assumed Distinguished Sages are mods after the first response I recieved, is that not so? I seem to be making a lot of mistakes here. My apologies.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@vicky-webcat 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators who are clearly marked.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

The mods have Mod against their username.

CLs are Community Leaders and have limited options.

Distinguished Sage etc, are just tags given to posters by the forum algorithm based on a number of factors.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
0 Ratings