cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Radiation with all wifi off? WHY???

Go to solution

The science is not settled on wifi if you look properly beyond media/wikipedia. Why is the radiation still going on, wasting power with wifi off? It's very dubious unless there is a good reason for it.

Blindly doing this to people. My my. Yes, I will, spend money on a third party router...

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: Radiation with all wifi off? WHY???

Go to solution

…which will do exactly the same.  All electronic devices will give off some radiation.

And, speaking as a scientist, the science is not settled on anything!  That’s the whole point of science.  Investigation not dogma.

Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

No this is high, the EMF meter shows a high RF reading near the router, my computer does not give off high RF noise or the monitor right up close. I wish that was the case. For example the router shows 47 mW/m2, where my computer near the motherboard whilst turned on shows 0.2000mW/m2. Sad, I bought ethernet adapters to rid radiation worries. Now I don't know if third party routers will even have no radiation with wifi off. 

Well yes, the science is not settled, but people speak like it is settled... that's what I am saying. 

Why are things either boringly dull and simple or a total swamp of issues.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Well, if you’re not comparing like with like…  Again, hardly scientific method.

I think you’ll find all wireless routers will give off similar.  With the length of time these devices have been in circulation I think you are probably safe.  (Same as you're probably safe crossing the road, drinking a pint or watching tv).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Yes, but people say wifi is harmless, that is not fully proven. If I can't get away with not using it and have it off, there is no worries on the matter no more.

I measured my PC and monitor, you said all electronics devices give off some RF. Which is what I measure, RF. The router was way ahead.

I worry more long term, subtle things. Things don't have to be obvious to do me no good. 

I rather it be off, off. I see antennas still transmit regardless of data being there on tp link routers. 

It's depressing. If it off, my mind rests at least. I will just have to buy via amazon and test and send them back if they fail.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

Will linksys wrt series routers work I wonder? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

If you are talking about the smart hub, turning off wi-fi only turns off your wi-fi. It will still broadcast for BT Wi-fi hotspots, well as I understand it anyway.

Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Also the Smart Hub 2 transmits a DECT signal, which cannot be turned off.

Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Not sure about that, the DV does but afaik the SH2 only provides phone connectivity through the external socket nor dect.

Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

No, it is a DECT base station and also has an ATA presented as the green phone socket.