cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT Smart Hub with TP-Link Deco mesh wifi

I'm having a nightmare when the TP link is used in series with the BTinternet if there is any power outage, as it goes red adn doesn't seem to reset, despite several hours of various unplugging and resetting.  Think I need to use it as my moden (it has a DSL mode) as interference with each other.  Only problem is I can't remebr how to get the details from BT to use to set it up and the only cable coming out from the FTP box is a regular ethernet cable, that doesn't fit in the DSL port.

1) how do I get the internet provider details to enter into my modem/router 

2) can I plug the ethernet port into one of the other ports and will it work?

3) will my phone line work if I get a VOIP adapter and plug it into the Deco MESH modem

very simple intrsuctions required!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Deco M4 and Full Fibre 500

the cable that comes out of my FTTP box is a normal ethernet cable and doesn't fit in the WAN post - any suggestions? Also how do I get the PPPoE details etc from BT to set up the Deco as a modem? Sorry if this is a really basic question but I'm having all sorts of issues with the BTHH2 and Deco in series, having worked for 6 months, if there is any power outage
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Smart Hub with TP-Link Deco mesh wifi

Hello Jomo

1) how do I get the internet provider details to enter into my modem/router 

Protocol: PPPOE
Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password: BT

2) can I plug the ethernet port into one of the other ports and will it work?

The ONT Modem for FTTP (which I think you have based on what you say) does indeed have an ethernet rj45 port for your typical ethernet cable, this needs to plug into a WAN port on a router, or the port designated to be WAN. Without knowing what model of DECO you have its hard to say but some models do have RJ45 ports for WAN, the M5 for example, if you have a smaller DSL port which will be RJ11 then its unlikely your DECO supports plugging directly into the ONT.

3) will my phone line work if I get a VOIP adapter and plug it into the Deco MESH modem

No, the VOIP setup is near on impossible to get to work with a 3rd party router

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broadly speaking what I would be doing is switching off the WIFI on the BT Hub, then connect the DECO Master Device to the BT Hub to one of its ethernet ports (RJ45), then I would just use the DECO to provide WIFI leaving the BT Hub to do everything else.....not using the DSL port at all.

I found this which might help:

How to set up Deco X20-DSL,Deco X50-DSL and Deco X73-DSL | TP-Link United Kingdom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings