cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Fihi rst month of a Fibre 100, got boosted to 500 but I barely reach 80mbps

I have the similar issue.

Full fibre 100 from 02.02.2024, the first 14-20days everything worked well.

After the 20 days we experience slower download speed.

I am using 4 metre long  Ethernet cable.

We didn't have an with it. 

Today 26.02.2024 I have contacted the BT to check what could be wrong with broadband speed.

Restart, factory reset,

Screenshot_20240227-002406.jpg

server change had happened. 

It has a great speed for 30 minutes... and after i got the slower speed again. 

I didn't expected very fast speed, but I have issues wirh the streaming.

It looks something wrong with the new NT router as the speed (boosted) is arriving in the router, but i won't sort it out betweeen equipments.

The router situated 160, where the previous BT router placed.

I will get thh phone call form BT on the 27th of February to make sure the test went sell.

I will update the situation when ai get the answer. 

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

I hope the phone call from BT yesterday was helpful. As long as your ethernet cable is at least Cat 5E or newer (they commonly state the cat rating printed along the length of the cable) and the device doing the speed test is reasonably new, this does seem unusual. If it was mine, because I have a fast 3rd party router as well as my Smart Hub 2, for testing purposes, I'd configure the Smart Hub 2 to only work as a modem and put its output just to the 3rd party router and see if that makes a difference. Bottom line, if you're having streaming issues, I'd take a video of that problem (perhaps using a mobile phone camera and see what BT Home Tech Support has to say about this. Keep us updated.

0 Ratings