cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: Horrible ping spikes and packet loss

Hi there I’ve been sent this link from a bt technician as I’m having horrible ping spikes aswel, my first test is always low at a good 16 but my second test is 218 and then only goes higher even up to 800 plus, I’ve tried everything and I’m at the stage now we’re I’m thinking of buying a new router

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@Clarke4828 

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Its worth checking for any noise on your phone line, as that will cause errors and slow things down, assuming you do not have an FTTP connection.

Also, it not a good idea to use a wireless connection, as that is subject to delays, as its shared with other devices, and other nearby wireless routers on the same channel. Use a direct Ethernet cable to your BT Home Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I use Ethernet cable to my pc and I’ve used so many different Ethernet cables I play COD mostly and it’s unplayable my ping is terrible I’ve been on so many forums to try different settings on my pc. My upload and download speed are what they should be but my ping is 200 plus

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Clarke4828,

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to check in with you to see how your connection has been performing.

When you launch the Blizzard app for COD or Warzone, you should see a globe next to "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare". Can you click on that please? It should show Americas, Europe and Asia. I take it, it's showing as Europe?

When you're in game, do you have the Server Latency widget enabled? It's under Telemetry in the general options.

Thanks

DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi I’m just re downloading COD now I always have it in the Europe setting my ping is so bad I’ve just bought the netgear xr500 it has made better improvements but the issue is still there

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I’ve also done some speed tests my first one was 15 ping my second was 154 ping and the third was 415

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I’ve tried everything and even on ghost recon I get kicked from games saying I’ve lost connection

0 Ratings