cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Purple flashing light

As I just said, it can only be configured as a WAN port on the SH2, not the Hub6. I doubt very much whether it would work in any case.

Message 12 of 23

Thanks, maybe it works on HB6 too

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

@licquorice said:

As I just said, it can only be configured as a WAN port on the SH2, not the Hub6. I doubt very much whether it would work in any case.

It was a bit pie in the sky and I shouldn’t always assume folks are using the SH2.

Probably won’t work like you say.

@behzad if there is no risk of having to return the router just take it apart and literally tape over the LED if you want the cleanest solution.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 14 of 23

You would need an rj11 to rj45 cable, to literally plug into the DSL port then connect to one of the lan ports.

Im not recommended that though btw, if it was me I’d get at the PCB.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 15 of 23

Do you think this would work?
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

I’m not really an expert on DSL as it was so long ago I had it, I had cable for about 10 years but isn’t DSL just two wires? Someone else can answer that for sure.

RJ11 connector can have 4 wires and RJ45 can have 8, I have no idea what combination of those wires being in the right location in the jacks would have the desired effect….even if it did work.

My original suggestion was only based on if you had a SH2 or router with a WAN port that was RJ45. That would have been easy to try and see.

Like I said, I would take it apart.

Message 17 of 23

Thanks, I'll test with rj11 to rj45 cable.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

It won't work. The DSL port won't recognise an Ethernet signal.

Message 19 of 23

Ok I literally said dont do this, I dont know what will happen lol.

Your only hope is the get a steady red light, I think steady orange is that there is broadband but your credentials are wrong, you wont be able to achieve that, steady red light is for "Something is wrong", so perhaps you can get it to think something is wrong, I doubt it.

To clarify, I was only suggesting hooking the WAN into the LAN because if you had a WAN port it would be easy to test and find out immediately whether it would work or not, likely not, but easy to find out.

Just take it apart and tape over the LED like ive done for everything my daughters room.

Message 20 of 23

Thank you for your guidance. If I exchange the device with my brother's, which is SH2, do you think that this problem can be solved by activating the WAN port?
0 Ratings