cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Re: Smart Hub 2 IP address issue, some devices connecting but no internet

Go to solution

Hi

I've had exactly the same issue. Most problematic is that it affects Wemo devices and Nest thermostats, making them inoperational. I don't know how to set IP manually from these devices. You can change IP settings from the router but only if the device is disconnected and the device list has been fully refreshed by turning the router off and on again. Even then the IP settings revert to 10.0.1.XXX (Static).

Did you find a solution?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Go to solution

That IP range is allocated to devices connected to the open BTWifi  hotspot network, so if your devices are connecting to BTWifi instead of the home SSID, then that would explain it.

Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks very much for your help. I've checked the Nest device and it's definitely connected to the home wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@Patrick4 wrote:

Thanks very much for your help. I've checked the Nest device and it's definitely connected to the home wifi.

Its possible that the devices are detecting the open BTWifi connection first, and getting their IP address from that. Then when they do eventually connect to the correct SSID, they no longer send a DHCP request to get the correct IP address.

The only way to prove that would be to opt out of BTWifi, assuming you are opted in. That would disable the open network.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks. I've opted out of BtWifi. I understand it takes time to go through. I'll let know if it helps.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Actually I've just realised the problem also happens to devices using ethernet wired connection to the router so BtWifi shouldn't matter.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@Patrick4 wrote:

Actually I've just realised the problem also happens to devices using ethernet wired connection to the router so BtWifi shouldn't matter.

Do you have any other devices on your network which may have a DHCP server active? Like a NAS, powerline adapters, or wireless access point.

The DHCP server on BTWifi, should not propagate onto the LAN, unless there is a firmware bug.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

I have power line adapters, the bt Wi-fi disc and a Wi-fi access point. It’s a big house. But the problem happens on Wi-fi and lan. Even the bt halo 4g device got a bad ip when connected directly to the router by Ethernet. I notice the router ip is also wrong. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Factory reset the hub by pressing the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks but factory reset doesn’t help I’m afraid 

0 Ratings