cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Smart Hub 2 connection drop

Tonight my son could not login to hs xbox account on his xbox. After very many retries it worked. He has had this before.

I have a gaming laptop and tried to connect to Epic Games and I keep getting a Retry Connection button. This normally works, but again a few days ago the same problem.

I only just moved to BT and upgraded the line speed. Before I was on Sky Full Fibre and it always worked. At the moment speaking with a BT Service Desk Engineer and I VERY disapointed. 

There is either some filter problem or it's the router itself as the rest of the hardware is the same just a new Router and new ISP.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I have moved your post to start a new thread as it is entirely different to the thread you posted on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Are you connecting by WiFi or Ethernet?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The Xbox and Laptop are both using a CAT 5e cable.  I have tried them both wirelessly to, there does not seem to be a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

When this is occurring is it the internet actually working?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

have you checked MYBT that parental controls and web protect are not active?  if active then at least turn of web protect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

When this issue show's its ugly head the Internet continues to work. I have a Chromecast 4k on a different TV and that was streaming a program for my daughter without stopping.

I can also browse the web through my web browser.

About 16:00 to 19:00 there is not guarantee that I will be able to login to the Xbox login servers and if I do I normally have the same problem login to the Fortnite login servers.

This also happens on my son's Switch, he cannot login to Fortnite. This never happened when using SKY BROADBAND.

------

I've also had new Router sent out to me. Replaced it. Same problem!!!

The problem is in their Network, it's not at my end - but will they listen....

------

Trustpilot score of 1 star!!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I thought of this to, I switched them both off. It works in the morning, but not the time stated.
0 Ratings