cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Really bad connection but good download speed.

Hi. 

Not sure what else to do because I've been suffering with this issue since I got my Internet last year but my connection is really bad and keeps lagging when playing my playstation. That's on WiFi and wired connection. When I'm on wired I'm getting about 500 download but only 7 upload. I've tried speaking to BT but they say everything is fine with my speed. Anyone else have this problem? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Really bad connection but good download speed.

Hi Tbeattie,

May I ask what package you are on, what is your expected speed? Also the low upload speed on the PS5 is expected, Sony priorities the connection far more for download than for upload. My own upload is often under 10mbps.

If you can, please connect your laptop/desktop via gigabit ethernet to your Smart Hub 2 and run this speed test, and tell us the results for both upload and download. It's a far more accurate test: 

BTW Performance Tester (btwholesale.com)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It's the full fiber 500 and it's the actual connection. I'm lagging in the ethernet and WiFi it's a constant 2 bar.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

What does it say for you on the BT speedtest site I linked to before? Do you have a laptop/desktop with an ethernet cable to try it out on?

0 Ratings