cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Recommendations for VDSL router to replace SH2

There are any amount of Asus routers available on Amazon. Just get an Huawei HG612 modem from Ebay to go along with one. When you get FTTP simply remove the HG 612

Btw, no idea why you don't like Ebuyer, have always had excellent service from them

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

I got a brand new draytek vigor 166 modem very easily, and also the Deco.

I went for separate devices as when I can get full fibre, I can also just swap out the modem.

BT aren't providing a date yet for my area, so once the contract runs down I may switch.

I wfh and stream a lot so also want the speeds, and I am seeing those with the new setup and no sh2.

Message 13 of 16

When the issue with the TP Link started, I contacted them, they told me to contact TP Link they didn't want to know. 

Which I did, then TP Link said to RMA it, Ebuyer said it would take 28 days, TP Link said less than 7. 

I RMA'd it with TP Link, but they messed up and sent the original back, then a new one. When both didn't work, I said about the refund, Ebuyer said not a chance, TP Link said that Ebuyer had to do it. 

I had to argue with Ebuyer non stop, and cut through their attempts to get out of the refund, non matching serials etc. 

In the end , Ebuyer relented when TP Link told them they would issue the credit note. So the routers are on their way back to Ebuyer for a full refund. 

Ebuyer are very aware of the consumer rights act, but they chose to try their luck in ignoring it. Had to threaten legal action ( small claims ) before they did take notice. So I won't be using them again. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Try a company called netxl, they are also on amazon

Message 15 of 16

Will do thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

I wouldn't recommend the Vigor 166, it is grossly overpriced in my opinion and only worthwhile for G.Fast. For VDSL, the hg612 is more than adequate