cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Remote access to Wi-Fi security camera

Colour me confused, your very first post said you had a 4G router?

If that's not the case then I stand by my original thought that it's just the no-name camera/software.Buy a TP-Link from Amazon & if by some chance that doesn't work either, you can send it back.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

@KenB888 

Which router do you have, as you mentioned a home hub, is it this one?

https://www.bt.com/broadband/4g-hub

Does it have a hub manager page, and are there any options for port forwarding?

Does it have an Ethernet port?

I assume BT provided the SIM card, so within the router settings, can you see what the APN is, and is it possible to change it? I am assuming its on the EE network.

Using a web browser, go to the website https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and see what IP address is displayed, and any information shown about it.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Yes that's the 4g router l have.

Yes it has a hub manager page, looked cannot find anything about port forwarding.

Yes it has an Ethernet port.

Can't see what the APN is set to.

IP is

IPv4  31.94.32.147

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

That IP is EE.

https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?bflag=false&dflag=false&rflag=true&searchtext=31.94.32.147&...

On the 4G hub, can you see anything which shows your WAN IP address?

If it is showing, is it the same IP address as 31.94.32.147

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Looking in the hub manager it saying the IPv4 address is different.

IPv4 10.67.82.245

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

Then you are on CGNAT, which is why your app cannot connect to your camera.

That IP address is a private IP assigned to the shared gateway router, there is nothing you can do about that. Your camera should be able to send video alerts to your app, but you will not be able to read the SD card.

I assume you are on a fixed term contract for the BT 4G service?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Yes fixed term contract.

Would the tp link router help or am l stuffed till l can change to the 3 network.

Thanks for your time Keith l really appreciate it, as you can tell I'm not tech savy at all.

Ken

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

No, a change of router would not help. EE do not provide a fully routable IP address.

Unless the camera has the option of a paid Cloud storage, you are not going to be able to view the contents of the camera.

With Cloud storage, video clips containing movement are uploaded to Cloud storage. You then login to your account to view the footage.

I can confirm that the Three network, do provide proper IP addresses, but you would need to see what the 4G coverage is in your locality. You can get a PAYG SIM from them, with lots of different monthly data packs, including unlimited. If that works, then its slightly cheaper if you get a fixed contract.

The TP Link router I mentioned, is the same as I use. I can swap from my ADSL connection to 4G, via a managed Ethernet switch.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

Thanks Keith

Sorry for all the confusion but now l know where l stand.

I will re-think my options.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Minhkhoi2906_0-1727372492100.png

Iam  not good at english. Can you tell me steps to connect this one to my camera, i am using qvy-6070r (wisenet). Many thanh for help me.

0 Ratings