Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 21 of 57

Re: Router Upgrade from BT SmartHub 2 to a different one

Go to solution

Hello again @licquorice,

This is the lowest I'm going with my font and colour is this better for you now. Please have a look at Signature I've shorted it down. I cannot believe how small this text is 😮 it's hurting my eye right now 🤔

--
Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Sent from my PC

Products with BT: BT Fibre 2 (Unlimited) with Landline
Router: BT SmartHub 2 (Will be changing to a third-party one soon)
Router sync speeds from the local Cabinet to my router:

Upload - 66.698mbps

Download - 20mbps

If you like my post or if it helped you, please thumbs up & click on Kudos button.jpgbutton. If your problem is solved by my post please click MaAS button.jpg button ‌‌.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 57

Go to solution

I don't know why you are keeping the signature including you setup as does not help anyone  your connection speeds are wrong way round

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 57

Go to solution

Sorry, but I have to agree with @imjolly , the signature is pretty pointless. I know some forums seem to encourage users to put that sort of information in sigs, but this isn't one of them.

To be honest, it would be preferable for you to use a font that you are comfortable with and no sig.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 24 of 57

Go to solution

Hello @imjolly,

I like to show people what products that I've got with BT! Is their a law or something by doing this Signature? Also thank you 🤣 I've just noticed that.

--
Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Sent from my PC

Download - 66.698mbps
Upload - 20mbps

If you like my post or if it helped you, please thumbs up & click on Kudos button.jpg button. If your problem is solved by my post please click MaAS button.jpg button ‌‌.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 57

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

no law just pads out all you posts with unnecessary information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 26 of 57

Go to solution

Hello again @imjolly,

OK 🤗 now can you please help me with VDSL modem / routers?

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Download - 66.698mbps
Upload - 20mbps
If you like my post or if it helped you, please thumbs up & click on Kudos button.jpg button. If your problem is solved by my post please click MaAS button.jpg button 🤗‌‌.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 57

Go to solution

Regarding the signature.

The guidelines are here:

Signatures Keep your signatures short.  You may sign your posts with information about yourself, which may include things like a quote from a favourite author, for example. 

BT Community User Guidelines - BT Community

Personally I think that they should be done away with but if you are going to use one you should use the correct method of displaying one and that is by using the "signature" section in your profile.

You can do that by clicking on your username then going to "my settings"  > personal information > signature. By doing that it allows the forum members who do not wish to see signatures the ability to select the setting in their profile to turn them off so that they are not shown.

Message 28 of 57

Go to solution

I think it would help people offer their best advice if you explained what problem you are trying to solve; for example, in what way does the BT product not suit your needs?  I'm a licensed radio amateur but even with the qualifications needed to hold such a licence, I do need to come here from time to time to resolve issues.

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 29 of 57

Go to solution

Hello BT Community 👋,

Please take a look down below, I've uploaded some Photos of the VDSL router's that I like the look of but haven't decided which one to buy:

713pjD8FlEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71MRUvkaUhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TP-Link AC1200 VDSL modem / router.

51pBExE6vEL._AC_.jpg

51e5GUh0rcL._AC_SL1018_.jpg

ASUS DSL-AC68U VDSL modem / router.

41OFOZYKGXL._AC_.jpg713pjD8FlEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ASUS DSL-AC55U AC1200 VDSL modem / router.

713pjD8FlEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61hfTIz4VJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

TP-Link AC2800 Dual Band VDSL modem / router.

51Zv5U8Hr-L._AC_SL1350_.jpg

61hfTIz4VJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

NETGEAR D7000-200UKS VDSL modem / router.

All the images are from Amazon UK, I'm after a VDSL router that'll also do IPv6 as-well and which one would be perfect for signal also 🙂.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Download - 66.698mbps
Upload - 20mbps

If you like my post or if it helped you, please thumbs up & click on Kudos button.jpgbutton. If your problem is solved by my post please click MaAS button.jpg button 🤗‌‌.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 57

Go to solution

Apart from avoiding the Netgears due to lack of IPv6, they will all be suitable. Only you know what WiFi speed you need and whether it is worth paying extra for the extra speed bearing in mind unless you are using the WiFi purely within your LAN, the governing speed will be the speed of your broadband connection.

0 Ratings