cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Router blocking website

I assume you accessed it on wi-fi?

No parental controls on as far as I am aware. The Parental Control on MyBT is off. Not sure if there's another one?

I'm sorry but I have no idea how to change DNS servers. I'll google it but......!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

I also have no issue accessing it.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Tried those numbers in DNS. No change. I didn't note what the original setting was so I've deleted those and entered 0.0.0.0 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

I know lots of others who can. Just seems to be something in my settings stopping me.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

The only settings that you can change that could possibly affect access are parental controls and web protect.

DNS servers are either manually assigned on your device or allocated by your hub as automatic. If you manually changed to the servers suggested, you either need to leave them at that or restore the setting to automatic. 0.0.0.0 won't work, it is not the address of a DNS server.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Grateful to you for your help but it's still the same. Very annoying.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Things have moved on with this issue. I rang BT to report a fault but couldn't get an answer. Instead I got a series of text messages which said there was a fault on my line and that an engineer would need to visit to rectify it. I was given an appointment which was not convenient.

I tried again to telephone but the only option I could speak to a human on was the one for "Are you thinking of leaving BT?" This got an answer with very little delay! I spoke to a very helpful lady who said she would put me through to someone who could help.

About 12 minutes later a man answered. I explained that I was trying to report a specific problem but had been unable to do so and that the automated system had apparently found a fault on my line. He said he could see the fault and thought it might be the cause of the website issue. He agreed to alter the time of the engineer visit to a slot a little later than the original appointment.

At 8am on the day of the appointment a BT engineer was at the door. He said he knew nothing about the altered appointment and as far as he could see there was no later appointment.  I quickly changed my plans as I didn't want him to leave and explained the issue that I had with the website. He said he knew nothing about that, only that there was interference detected on my line. He proceeded to change the master socket and also disconnected two extension sockets which were not being used. 

I then attempted to load the problem website on wi-fi and it worked! And it worked for about 48 hours but now I am unable to load it again and am back to square one.

I can access the website on 3G, 4G and on wi-fi elsewhere but not on mine. This is becoming very frustrating and not being able to actually speak to someone in the BT faults team is making the situation worse.

I am becoming a very disgruntled customer...

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

I know it's late, but I had the same problem.  I did a re-set (as opposed to re-start) of the router, and all now seems to be well.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Thanks for responding. The only way I have found to access the website in question is to do it through a VPN. I still can't access it through my wi-fi without doing it that way.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

What happens if you try and trace the routng?

From a command prompt type:

tracert  https://www.blueknights.org/

Post the results back here, it should show about 14 steps, including the last router.

0 Ratings