cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Router setup

I recently tried to set up a smart bulb  the instructions web to set the router to 2.4 GHz rather than 5. GHz  I tried to change ir in the router but when I was switching from 5 down to 2.4 a page opened and closed instantly, that quickly I couldn't even say it was a page.

However that's not when I'm here I noticed that the 2.4  was on channel 1 while the 5GHz was on channel 36, is that correct or should both be the same?  Maybe you'd take a look at the settings and let me know if  I've messed up anything  The bulb in question is doing my head in does the modem automatically select the proper channel.  The modem is a BT smart hub 2 , thanks for any help you can offer

IMG_4587.jpeg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Router setup

Are you sure that is a Smart Hub 2? My set up page on a laptop does not look like that but may look different on another platform such as a phone.

Message 3 of 5

@kah22 

The 2.4 & 5 GHz bands use totally different channels so what you see is correct.

Some wifi enabled devices have difficulty when the 2 bands use the same name as is the case with the SH2 and the solution often is to turn off the 5GHz band , attach the device then re-enable the 5GHz band.

Message 4 of 5

Smart Hub 2. That's what it says on the back of the router, when you remove the little slide out info plate

What I'm really interested to know does the screen shot I've shown you look right.  Is the Hub working on e5GHz ?

Thanks for any advice

Kevin

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes,it looks perfectly ok, it is working on both bands.

That definitely doesn't look like a SH2 though,I suspect it is a Smart Hub (1). If it is a Smart Hub (rather than SH2) it is probably worth changing the network name of the 5Ghz band by appending a 5 to the name. That way you can know which devices are connecting to which band.

The SH2 Wireless settings look like this

sh2 wifi.jpg