cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Running Broad band to garden office

HI,

I have BT Fibre with a BT HUB and I want to know the best way to pipe broadband to a garden office which is 30 meters from the main house.

I have already had a data cable and a phone line installed from the main house to the office but I am not sure if I can: 

1) add any router to the data cable that is attached to the hub in the main house thus creating wifi in the office

2)add a BT Hub to the phone line which is the same phone line as the one in the main house 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Running Broad band to garden office

You can not have two routers/BT Hubs connected to the same broadband connection.

If you already have an Ethernet cable run to the office all you need is a wireless access point, not a router, which will give you a wireless signal in the office. Most wireless access points also have an Ethernet socket should you wish to connect a wired device such a PC that does not have a wireless adaptor.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your response. Do you have any recommendations for a wireless access point?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

TP-Link TL-WA901N 450 Mbps Wireless N Access Point, Passive PoE Power Injector, 10/100M Ethernet Port

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/access-point/tl-wa901n/

0 Ratings