cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

SH2 wifi connection issues with Galaxy S20

Since I had to start using my SH2 again after Digital Voice was enforced on me I have been having unreliable connection/throughput on my mobile phone.

WiFi shows as connected but apps take ages to establish a connection or are unable to receive data. Main apps that I know are suffering are YouTube Music where the app will work happily streaming songs for a period and then just suddenly the streaming will stop & buffering signal comes up. Similar story for Star Wars Game of Heroes; will load , work happily but then buffer excessively.

Difficult to say if other devices are affected e.g. skyQ/smart TVs but I was having issues with connection to a laptop for Teams calls last week.

Didn't have any issues when using TP link Archer VR2800 router.

I have switched off Smart Setup on the SH2.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: SH2 wifi connection issues with Galaxy S20

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091300+2029009701

Firmware version:v0.31.00.10253-BT

Firmware updated:Sun Feb 6 17:26:22 2022

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.74 12_11_2020
DSL uptime:23 days,18 Hours24 Mins04 Secs
Data rate:1000 Mbps / 1000 Mbps
Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode:On
Upstream error control:Off
Downstream error control:Off
Data sent / received:46.4 GB Uploaded / 846.9 GB Downloaded
BT Wi-fi:Activated
2.4 GHz wireless network name:BT-JRAHZR
2.4 GHz wireless channel:Channel: 11
5 GHz wireless network name:BT-JRAHZR
5 GHz wireless channel:Channel: 44
Wireless security:WPA2
Wireless mode:Mode 1
Firewall:On
MAC address:EC:6C:9A:15:DE:22
Software variant:-
Boot loader:0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Have you checked MYBT to ensure web protect is turned off?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

turned webprotect off. minimal change.

Finding issues with Sky Q boxes and Samsung Smart TVs. Devices show they are connected to WiFi but the connection to Internet drop-out periodically.

I'm going to try using a TP-link WiFi extender I have in access point mode. connect that to a LAN port on the SH2 and switch off WiFi on SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

The  SKY Q uses channel 36 so I would suggest you select channel manually and  change the 5ghz channel to something other than 36

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

yeah, already do that. check wifi signals with WiFi analyser and set both 2 & 5ghz channels to give good separation. never trusted the "smart" channel option on any router

0 Ratings