cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

SMART HUB 2: LAN ports

Go to solution

My new SmartHub 2 has only 3 LAN ports.

This bizarrely is one less than its predecessor. I use all 4 LAN ports on my current SmartHub and must either buy a switch/splitter or use the desktop on wifi which I do not want to do given all else that is using wifi around the house. To cap it all, the image used on BT's SmartHub 2 setup webpage shows very clearly 4 LAN ports (it is labelled as such in proud marketing language) & not the single WAN port that my new hub has.

I do not want a WAN port. I want a SmartHub 2 with 4 LAN ports as illustrated on the website.

Who do I contact directly to sort it: no intractable 150, no cheery chats, no lost letters?

Direct email address or phone number to the correct person who can arrange exchange of my SmartHub 2 for the illustrated SmartHub 2. If SmartHub 2 has been modified to LAN/WAN then who pays for my unexpected switch purchase?

Hunting all over the BT website has been an irritating waste of precious time.

Any help appreciated

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: SMART HUB 2: LAN ports

Go to solution

What did you have before your new Smart Hub 2? If it is an older router that does not need to be returned to BT you can just use that as a switch by disabling DHCP. If you wish to split Wifi  2.4GHz from Wifi 5GHz, then using an older router for the 2.4GHz also gives you that option

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

A brief search of the forum would have revealed that port 4 can be configured as either a WAN port or LAN port.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

What service so you have? If it's not FTTP then the WAN port should be dual purpose & configurable to either WAN or LAN in the admin page.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
It's a SmartHub.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thats interesting. The setup blurb states WAN not to be used!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Just reconfigure it. Advanced settings > Broadband > Internet > Full Fibre (FTTP) mode > Off

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Why can't BT say that? would be much more simple than faffing around their 'help' pages
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks very much
0 Ratings