cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 45

Re: Setting up a Smart Hub 2 as an Access Point

Go to solution
Sorry Liquorice but if you look at my skill level, I am considered a beginner.

BT informed me that I could use a Smart Hub as a secondary router and still get DV, incorrect, and then said I could try them in sequence, incorrect. So feeling a bit done with them already and only just signed up.
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 45

Go to solution
BT won't let me view this - says "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." Not useful ! Could you post the instructions here?
0 Ratings
Message 43 of 45

Go to solution

I assume you mean the link in message 2, that is because it has been archived due to age.

Message 3 explains what is needed.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 45

Go to solution

@ licquorice.  Apologies to potentially annoy you (again on this thread).  When you say:

It's extremely straightforward, just give the second hub an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the main hub, turn off DHCP on the second hub and connect the 2 LAN port to LAN port.

I'm a little confused re 2 LAN port to LAN port.  Could I confirm (for the example of the SH2/WAP being in a garden office).  Connect any LAN port on the back of the SH2 to the incoming LAN port presented in the office.

I.e. there is no difference between the LAN ports on the SH2/WAP.

I agree this whole WAP process is/appears to be simple to do but I'm suffering from dropped connectivity after at least 24hrs.  Not sure of the exact time of drop-out at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 45

Go to solution

@quarkrad wrote:

I'm a little confused re 2 LAN port to LAN port.  Could I confirm (for the example of the SH2/WAP being in a garden office).  Connect any LAN port on the back of the SH2 to the incoming LAN port presented in the office.

I.e. there is no difference between the LAN ports on the SH2/WAP.

Yes, connect any LAN port on either device to any LAN port on the other device.

The only difference between the ports is if full fibre FTTP mode is selected (advanced settings > Broadband > internet). In which case port 4 becomes a WAN port rather than LAN port.

If it is working at all, you have it configured properly and your problem exists elsewhere.

0 Ratings