Re: Setup advice for Mesh

Yep

Message 12 of 19

Thanks all for the shared advice.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

A question since I do not have the hybrid setup: If you plugged the sh2 into the Deco and the Internet to the Deco went down would the hybrid setup cut in?  Setting up the routing could be interesting but without knowing how the SH2 detects the Internet is down I don't know what triggers the hybrid connection.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

If the SH2 reports a loss of broadband, either on DSL port for FTTC or WAN port for FTTP, the Hybrid kicks in and connects by Wifi to the WAN port internally (don't ask me how it does that). 

To utilise it in conjunction with the Deco, you would need to connect a hub LAN port to the Deco WAN when the WAN lost service. As long as the Deco was set up with a different subnet to 192.168.1.xxx in the first place, it should obtain an IP address from the hub. You might have to set the gateway to 192.168.1.254 manually though.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

How are you getting on OP? I want to upgrade my mesh from the old ORBI to a WIFI 6 module. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Still waiting on delivery but will come back and give an update.  Heard good things about the x90, so eagerly optimistic !

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Setup without sh2, bt tv having a hissy fit with multitasking issues.  Going to try with sh2 and access point the deco main

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Scrap that, it didn't like going through the switch.  Plugged in direct and all was good but I needed a port for hive hub.  Switched to WiFi for bt tv Pro and still stable on multicast channels.  Had to enable upnp in settings to stop son's x box from having moderate NAT but he's well happy with the 500 plus mb he's now getting compared to a very weak speed before.  Left all bt equipment off.  Will keep an eye on it.  Happy days

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Well it was fun while it lasted.   Noticed the wifi speed had dropped to my son's room/satellite.

Checked speed at main deco and my speed through ethernet has dropped by half and stayed there. 

Tested on 2 laptops both with 1GB ethernet cards (which confirmed correct speed tests in the past).  Put the SH2 back in, no change.  Tried direct to ONT with PPPoE with a few different cables (including the one that came with the SH2), no change. 

BT engineer scheduled for Wednesday.  Couldn't run either the MYBT test or the one that Support sent down the line with the SH2 connected, both said could not run the test.  Apparently everything showing green on BT side.

It has been a while since I tested on ethernet so maybe there was an intermittent fault there.

Could the ONT be the issue?

0 Ratings