cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Shield icon next to device on list

Go to solution

I recently got a new hub and I was changing the admin password and then looked at list of devices while in the admin section. Next to a device is a purple shield icon. It's next to device that does have old software but is mainly used to watch YouTube. What does the purple shield icon mean? I tried researching but could only find it being a possible firewall marker and that just confused me more. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Shield icon next to device on list

Go to solution

If you mean this firewall_marker.png , it means that port forwarding is set for that device

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, I just double checked my list of devices and it's actually my fire stick. Why would port forwarding be on?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

All I can think of is that your 'new' hub has been previously used and the previous user set a port forwarding rule up against an IP address and (presumably) that address just so happens to have now been allocated by DHCP to your Firestick and that this rule wasn't cleared when the previous user returned the hub.

Try a factory reset, that should solve the problem

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Can I just turn off the port forwarding instead of a full factory reset? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Also it came with it's manufacturer WiFi admin and password 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, just go into Advanced settings/Firewall and delete the rule (assuming that there is one there).

Don't worry about the SSID and wi-fi password, in fact you could change them to your previous ones in order to avoid making changes to all your devices

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

No idea whether a Firestick needs any ports forwarding, but it could be via UPnP rather than a rule so turn that off if there isn't a rule but be prepared that it may prevent your Firestick working.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Okay the icon has now switched to my other fire stick that is currently being used so is it probably fire stick software doing it. 

Thank you for helping. I get stressed about these things

0 Ratings