cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smart Hub 2 Data Cable

Go to solution

I currently have a Smart Hub 2 connected to my Openreach Mk5c Master Socket (with Openreach Mk4 frontplate). The cable to the hub uses RJ11 connectors at each end. This set up is located in my hallway and I want to move the hub into my home office. 

In the home office there is a BT phone socket (with the standard bt phone plug type socket). This is connected back to the inside of the Master Socket for data. What I want to do is plug the router into this socket in the home office but I need a BT plug to RJ11 cable. I looked on Amazon and there seems to be 2 types: straight and crossover. Does it make a difference which one I use? If it does then which of these cables should I use to connect the router to this extension socket? 

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smart Hub 2 Data Cable

Go to solution

It doesn't matter, its only 2 wires and not polarity conscious. You could just use a filter as an adapter if you have one to hand and use your existing cable.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Smart Hub 2 Data Cable

Go to solution

Hi @olliejspurway the mark 4 faceplate has a built-in filter, if the socket you're looking to is an extension it won't be filtered. @licquorice's advice about using a broadband microfilter would be the best way to achieve what you want. If you connect the Hub to an unfiltered socket then it will likely cause issues. 

Thanks

Neil